Fishing & Pontoon Boat Rentals Ontario
Loughborough Marina boat rentals are located on the Inn property offering utility, fishing and pontoon boat rentals for your boating and fishing needs.
Whether you need to rent a boat because you don’t own one of your own, or you simply don’t feel like bringing the one you have, Loughborough Inn has you covered; our boat rentals are easy, affordable, and quick to reserve.
Dockage is provided at no charge for those who bring their own boats and each berth has access to electrical outlets.
Launch is located adjacent to Loughborough Lake Marina (no charge for Loughborough Inn guests).
Even if you’re from out of town – Kingston or Gananoque – and want to examine the stock of our rental boats, we are a short drive away from both and always welcome new inquiries.
Boat rentals are a great way to test the waters and see if it’s cut out for you. If you have any questions related to the craft or any concerns about your boat rental, the helpful staff at the marina will be glad to assist you and fill you in on everything you need to know.
One could argue that any boat could be a fishing boat, but when we’re talking about fishing boats, we’re talking about boats that were designed specifically with fishing in mind. This is what makes them one of the most popular boat rental types. These fishing boats come equipped with bait tanks, trolling motors, 40 hp and above have swivel seats, as well as places to store rods.
Pontoon boats are another popular kind of fishing and pleasure boat. These flat boats rely on pontoons to float and can carry a heavy load. As far as pontoon boats go as boat rental types, they are great for family outings where not everyone wants to fish. They are roomy enough to allow for fishing and other kinds of fun, like sun bathing, reading, diving and swimming. These boats are used in fresh and salt water.
Boat operators in Ontario require a pleasure craft operator card to operate any powered water craft, but the following exceptions apply:
- Boat operators do not require a pleasure craft operator card for non-powered watercraft (no motor)
- Visitors from the US who bring their own boats do not require a Canadian operator card (provided that they meet the regulations of their own state and provide proof of residency)
- A pleasure craft operator card is not required for rental boat operators if they have a signed rental agreement and a signed rental boat safety checklist in their possession (processed during the rental process). This is only valid for the rental boat signed for and during the rental period.
Visit BoaterExam.com to get your pleasure craft operator card. It can even be done online! For Ontario fishing regulations check out our regulations page.
- A rental contract must be signed prior to embarkation
- Gasoline is not included in the rental price
- The boat is provided with a full fuel tank. Charge is added on for the refilling of gasoline tank to full on return of boat
- All boats are provided with the required safety equipment (lifejackets, sounding device, bailer, water-proof flashlight, paddle and buoyant heaving line)
- Customer is responsible for required replacement or repair of damaged or lost components. Any required repairs will be done at Loughborough Lake Marine shop.
- A valid credit card must be provided at time of rental and deferred charges may be applied under certain circumstances
- Loughborough Inn guests may reserve boats any time after booking a reservation at Loughborough Inn
- Loughborough Inn guests must book boats through Loughborough inn
- Clients (not guests of Loughborough Inn) may reserve boats within 2 weeks of dates that boat is requires and must leave a a valid credit card with Loughborough Lake Marina
- Requests for boat rental can be made in person or by e-mail, fax or telephone and are subject to confirmation of availability by Loughborough Lake Marina or in the case of Loughborough Inn guests by Loughborough Inn